This item is a Poster.
- Toda, Guilherme A. - Federal University of Amazonas
- Cortez, Eli - Federal University of Amazonas
- Mesquita, Filipe - Federal University of Amazonas
- da Silva, Altigran S. - Federal University of Amazonas
- Moura, Edleno - Federal University of Amazonas
- Neubert, Marden - Uol Inc.
On the web of today the most prevalent solution for users to interact with data-intensive applications is the use of formbased interfaces composed by several data input ﬁelds, such as text boxes, radio buttons, pull-down lists, check boxes, etc. Although these interfaces are popular and effective, in many cases, free text interfaces are preferred over formbased ones. In this paper we discuss the proposal and the implementation of a novel IR-based method for using data rich free text to interact with form-based interfaces. Our solution takes a free text as input, extracts implicitly data values from it and ﬁlls appropriate ﬁelds using them. For this task, we rely on values of previous submissions for each ﬁeld, which are freely obtained from the usage of form-based interfaces.
Export Record As...
- HTML Citation
- ASCII Citation
- Resource Map
- OpenURL ContextObject
- OpenURL ContextObject in Span
- EP3 XML
- Dublin Core
- Reference Manager
- Eprints Application Profile
- Simple Metadata