This item is a Paper in the Semantic/Data Web track.
- Cudré-Mauroux, Philippe - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Haghani, Parisa - Swiss Institute of Technology, Lausanne University
- Jost, Michael - Swiss Institute of Technology, Lausanne University
- Aberer, Karl - Swiss Institute of Technology, Lausanne University
- De Meer, Hermann - University of Passau
We tackle the problem of disambiguating entities on the Web. We propose a user-driven scheme where graphs of entities – represented by globally identiﬁable declarative artifacts – self-organize in a dynamic and probabilistic manner. Our solution has the following two desirable properties: i) it lets end-users freely deﬁne associations between arbitrary entities and ii) it probabilistically infers entity relationships based on uncertain links using constraintsatisfaction mechanisms. We outline the interface between our scheme and the current data Web, and show how higher-layer applications can take advantage of our approach to enhance search and update of information relating to online entities. We describe a decentralized infrastructure supporting efﬁcient and scalable entity disambiguation and demonstrate the practicability of our approach in a deployment over several hundreds of machines.
Export Record As...
- HTML Citation
- ASCII Citation
- Resource Map
- OpenURL ContextObject
- OpenURL ContextObject in Span
- EP3 XML
- Dublin Core
- Reference Manager
- Eprints Application Profile
- Simple Metadata